Digital Financing Initiative will Benefit from Financial Assistance to Support your Digital Transformation
SME Corp. Malaysia - SME Digital Financing 2021
Digital Financing Initiative is a pilot project undertaken by SME Corp. Malaysia with the aim to provide agile access to financing for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) via a digital platform.
Taking into consideration of the financial constraint faced by SMEs due to the Covid-19 pandemic, SME Corp. Malaysia is introducing the Digital Financing Initiative to address the challenges faced by SMEs during this challenging period.
Up to RM500,000 in Financing
SMEs can apply for short-term financing from a minimum of RM50,000 up to RM500,000 at a fixed financing rate of 2% per annum for:
1. Working capital for operating expenditure purpose (e.g. purchase of inventory / raw material etc.)
2. Financing for business improvement purpose (entitled for grant conversion up to 50% from the eligible expenditure, subject to SME Corp. Malaysia’s approval) for:
- Purchase of machinery & equipment
System, eCommerce, e-Payment and ICT applications
- Packaging and Product Packaging
- Advertising and Promotion
- Certification & Quality Management System
- Up to 50% matching grant conversion, maximum of RM250,000.
- The application processing fee is fixed at 5% of the financing amount to a maximum of RM5,000 per application to be borne by the applicant.
- The credit-checking fee is fixed at RM50 per application to be borne by the applicant. There will be a rebate of RM50 for successful applicants on their first month’s instalment to cover this cost.
Eligibility Criteria for SMEs
- SME Status Certified
- Registered under Companies Commission Malaysia (SSM)
- The company is at least 60% owned by Malaysian
- The company have been in operations for at least 6 months
- Committed to undergo SCORE/ M-CORE assessment (compulsory for grant conversion cases)
SME Corp. Malaysia
Digital Financing Initiative
SME Corp. Malaysia is the national information and advising hub for SMEs. In addition to the SME Hub in Kuala Lumpur, SME Corp. Malaysia has 12 State Offices across the country to assist SMEs and entrepreneurs.