SME Competitiveness Rating for Enhancement (SCORE), a diagnostic tool used to assess and improve the competitiveness of SMEs based on their performance and capabilities, was created and introduced for the first time in 2007.
Competitiveness Rating for Enhancement (SCORE) 2021
SME Competitiveness Rating for Enhancement (SCORE), a diagnostic tool used to assess and improve the competitiveness of SMEs based on their performance and capabilities, was created and introduced for the first time in 2007. The initial pilot was conducted with manufacturing enterprises to determine the efficiency of the incentives awarded to help them enhance their business performance. Since then, the SCORE procedure has been widely recognised across Malaysia’s many sub-sectors, as it provides a gauge for assessing the competitiveness and capacities of businesses at the firm level. SCORE has also been utilised as a tool for company matching in order to improve market access, as well as an initial signal for financing purposes.
- Acquire baseline data on SMEs
- Evaluate and track SMEs capabilities and performance
- Facilitate linkages of potential SMEs to large companies, government-linked companies (GLC) and hypermarkets
- Link export-ready companies to MATRADE and MIDA
- To ensure better fund utilisation and focus resources
Benefits of SCORE
SCORE’s primary purpose is to provide complete services that aid in the development of Malaysia’s SMEs. SCORE has successfully created strategic alliances with organisations from a variety of industries that have the potential to assist and support SMEs in developing their capacity and skills.
Our Strategic Partners are as follows
- Addressing weaknesses of SMEs with more focused approach and provide integrated, hand-holding assistance to SMEs;
- Facilitating linkages of potential SMEs with large companies, MNCs, retailers; and
- Assisting SMEs in a better coordinated and structured form as SME Corp. Malaysia can concentrate on improving the capacity building of 3-Star companies and below, while the 4 and 5-Star companies can be groomed and launches into international market.
SCORE :Based on seven assessment factors including financial health, business performance, human resource, technology acquisition and adoption, certification, and market presence, SCORE provides star ratings to SMEs.
SME Corp. Malaysia is the national information and advising hub for SMEs. In addition to the SME Hub in Kuala Lumpur, SME Corp. Malaysia has 12 State Offices across the country to assist SMEs and entrepreneurs.