The programme is intended to complement the latest business concepts for the start-up ecosystem by emphasising emerging market segments and business creativity, particularly for aspiring entrepreneurs.
Micro Connector Programme
One of the current projects by SME Corp. Malaysia is the Micro Connector programme, which aims to create Micro Enterprises and inclusive communities in the country, including youth, women, B40, and other demographic groups. Aims to provide early stage assistance to Micro Enterprises in the establishment and operation of their businesses, as well as training inclusive communities such as youth, women, B40 members and others in order to acquire new skills that will allow them to generate income through their own businesses.
Programme Target Group
- Inclusive group including youth, women, B40 and others
Scope of Coverage
To facilitate microenterprises in running their business effectively and efficiently.
- Online applications, mobile e-commerce and e-payment & ICT applications;
- Productivity improvement equipment / activities;
- Advertisement and promotional activities; and
- Other relevant technical assistance.
Assistance with Competitive Skills
To assist the B40 community to attain competitive skills that will serve as a tool for them to embark into business activities and increase their household income.
- Creative craft (eg. sewing, wood- & bamboo-based, mineral-based and precious stones);
- Food & beverages for cottage industry eg. local and traditional delicacies, snacks, cuisines and dishes);
- Beauty & health (eg. hair dressing, make up, spa & massage);
- Maintenance & repair (eg. vehicle, aircond, plumbing, electrical and mobile device);
- Agriculture & aquaculture (eg. plant fertigation, smart farming, hydroponics & aquaponics and ornamental fish);
- Childcare (eg. post-delivery care centre and kindergarten);
- Online applications, mobile e-commerce, e-payment & ICT applications.
WARNING: Providing false or misleading information with the intent of defrauding SME Corp. Malaysia is a criminal offence punishable by imprisonment, flogging, and a monetary fine. Additionally, SME Corp. Malaysia reserves the right to deny any perks, prizes, or assistance if an application contains misleading information.
SME Corp. Malaysia is the national information and advising hub for SMEs. In addition to the SME Hub in Kuala Lumpur, SME Corp. Malaysia has 12 State Offices across the country to assist SMEs and entrepreneurs.